ePub files require an eReader application in order to be accessed. Please see instructions and recommended eReader applications below. Using the Big Ideas ePub files with other eReader applications could result in a degraded experience.
Recommended: Readium Extension for the Google Chrome web browser
How to install Readium and open ePub files:
- Go to: http://readium.org/ within the Google Chrome web browser
- Click the green button “Install Readium [For Google Chrome].”
- Click the blue button "Add to Chrome."
- Click "Add App" in the pop-up box to add to your Chrome browser.
- Click on "Apps" button within your browser, or navigate to chrome://apps/ in your address bar to open your Apps page.
- Click the Readium icon to open the app.
- To add your downloaded ePub file to Readium, click the plus sign in the top right corner of the Readium app, and select your downloaded ePub file from your device.
- The ePub file will load into the library for use. It will remain saved to your local drive and will be accessible when you open Readium again.
iBooks can be used for iOS 8 and Mac OX Yosemite and higher.
How to add your ePub file to iBooks:
- Mac: Drag the ePub file directly into the iBooks library, or go to File > Add to Library and select ePub file from your downloaded ePub file location.
- iPad: Once the ePub file downloads, you will see an option to select "Open in iBooks."